This agreement is in effect as of May 30, 2018.
We reserve the right to change this User Agreement from time to time without notice. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this User Agreement periodically to familiarize yourself with any modifications. Your continued use of this site, after such modifications, will constitute acknowledgment and agreement of the modified terms and conditions.
Responsible Use and Conduct
By visiting our website and accessing the information, resources, services, products, and tools we provide for you, either directly or indirectly (hereafter referred to as ‘Resources’), you agree to use these Resources only for the purposes intended as permitted by (a) the terms of this User Agreement, and (b) applicable laws, regulations and generally accepted online practices or guidelines.
Wherein, you understand that:
- In order to access our Resources, you may be required to provide certain information about yourself (such as identification, contact details, etc.) as part of the registration process, or as part of your ability to use the Resources. You agree that any information you provide will always be accurate, correct, and up to date.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any login information associated with any account you use to access our Resources. Accordingly, you are responsible for all activities that occur under your account/s.
- Accessing (or attempting to access) any of our Resources by any means other than through the means we provide, is strictly prohibited. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of our Resources through any automated, unethical or unconventional means.
- Engaging in any activity that disrupts or interferes with our Resources, including the servers and/or networks to which our Resources are located or connected, is strictly prohibited.
- Attempting to copy, duplicate, reproduce, sell, trade, or resell our Resources is strictly prohibited.
- You are solely responsible any consequences, losses, or damages that we may directly or indirectly incur or suffer due to any unauthorized activities conducted by you, as explained above, and may incur criminal or civil liability.
- We may provide various open communication tools on our website, such as blog comments, blog posts, public chat, forums, message boards, newsgroups, product ratings and reviews, various social media services, etc. You understand that generally we do not pre-screen or monitor the content posted by users of these various communication tools, which means that if you choose to use these tools to submit any type of content to our website, then it is your personal responsibility to use these tools in a responsible and ethical manner. By posting information or otherwise using any open communication tools as mentioned, you agree that you will not upload, post, share, or otherwise distribute any content that:
• Is illegal, threatening, defamatory, abusive, harassing, degrading, intimidating, fraudulent, deceptive, invasive, racist, or contains any type of suggestive, inappropriate, or explicit language;
• Infringes on any trademark, patent, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary right of any party;
• Contains any type of unauthorized or unsolicited advertising;
• Impersonates any person or entity, including any www.taxbot.com or www.taxbotuniversity.com employees or representatives.
- We have the right at our sole discretion to remove any content that, we feel in our judgment does not comply with this User Agreement, along with any content that we feel is otherwise offensive, harmful, objectionable, inaccurate, or violates any 3rd party copyrights or trademarks. We are not responsible for any delay or failure in removing such content. If you post content that we choose to remove, you hereby consent to such removal, and consent to waive any claim against us.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Taxbot LLC and its parent company and affiliates, and their directors, officers, managers, employees, donors, agents, and licensors, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of this User Agreement or the failure to fulfill any obligations relating to your account incurred by you or any other person using your account. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this User Agreement. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
Limitation of Warranties
By using our website, you understand and agree that all Resources we provide are “as is” and “as available”. This means that we do not represent or warrant to you that:
i) the use of our Resources will meet your needs or requirements.
ii) the use of our Resources will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from errors.
iii) the information obtained by using our Resources will be accurate or reliable, and
iv) any defects in the operation or functionality of any Resources we provide will be repaired or corrected
Furthermore, you understand and agree that::
v) any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of our Resources is done at your own discretion and risk, and that you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer or other devices for any loss of data that may result from the download of such content.
vi) no information or advice, whether expressed, implied, oral or written, obtained by you from Taxbot LLC or through any Resources we provide shall create any warranty, guarantee, or conditions of any kind, except for those expressly outlined in this User Agreement.
Limitation of Liability
In conjunction with the Limitation of Warranties as explained above, you expressly understand and agree that any claim against us shall be limited to the amount you paid, if any, for use of products and/or services. Taxbot LLC will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary loss or damages which may be incurred by you as a result of using our Resources, or as a result of any changes, data loss or corruption, cancellation, loss of access, or downtime to the full extent that applicable limitation of liability laws apply.
All content and materials available on www.taxbot.com and www.taxbotuniversity.com, including but not limited to text, graphics, website name, code, images and logos are the intellectual property of Taxbot LLC, and are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. Any inappropriate use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of any content on this site is strictly prohibited, unless specifically authorized by Taxbot LLC.
Termination of Use
You agree that we may, at our sole discretion, suspend or terminate your access to all or part of our website and Resources with or without notice and for any reason, including, without limitation, breach of this User Agreement. Any suspected illegal, fraudulent or abusive activity may be grounds for terminating your relationship and may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. Upon suspension or termination, your right to use the Resources we provide will immediately cease, and we reserve the right to remove or delete any information that you may have on file with us, including any account or login information.
All content on this site is the property of Taxbot, LLC and/or Sandy Botkin. You may link www.taxbotuniversity.com, however, please do not copy courses, course materials, videos, or images for use on other sites without express written permission.
The content of this site is intended for educational purposes only. The reader should recognize that each persons situation is different and seek the competent advice of a licensed tax accountant or tax attorney to ensure that any tax strategies employed here are applicable to their unique situation.
Tax laws are fluid and change from time to time. Because of that, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of older courses. Always consult a tax professional when making decisions on classifications and deductions.
Taxbot, LLC provides services for small business owners to track their deductible business expenses and offers education on taxation for business deductions. Since every individual situation is different, users should consult with their tax preparer, CPA, or tax attorney on the applicability of their business deductions. Neither Taxbot LLC, its owners, employees, affiliates, or representatives are providing tax or legal advice.
Taxbot University is not an accredited university. We do not offer degrees of any kind. Course completion is signified through certificates of completion only.
Service – Use of the website www.taxbot.com, www.taxbotuniversity.com, and the Taxbot App.
Personal Data – information relating to an identifiable person who can, by virtue of such information, be directly or indirectly identified
Usage Data – data collected automatically by the use of the site (ie length of visit)
Cookies – Small files that are saved into your system via your web browser
Data Processors – Third party services used by the Data Controller to collect and store your Personal and Usage Data – (ie CRM, Shopping Carts, or Merchant Gateways)
Data Subject – any person whose Personal Data is being collected, held, or processed (ie. you)
Personal Data is provided by Data Subject:
When ordering or registering on our site, blog, or landing pages; as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, billing or physical address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
Usage Data is collected automatically:
When visiting our site, blog, social media, landing pages, or app, we collect Usage Data such as your computers IP address, browser type, browser version, the date, times, and frequency you which you access the website and the way you interact with the content.
What are ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to disable all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. However, disabling cookies may limit functionality of the site. For more information, visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To provide and maintain Service.
- To advise you of changes to the Service.
- To respond to your customer service requests.
- To detect and prevent technical issues
- To analyze usage to improve site and service functionality.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Who we share data with:
Service Providers. Taxbot LLC shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, and assessing interest in our products and services.
Legal. It may be necessary − by law, litigation, or requests from government authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Taxbot LLC to disclose Personal Data. We may also disclose information if we determine that for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
Corporate Change. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale of Taxbot LLC, we may transfer any and all Personal Data we collect to the relevant third party.
Taxbot LLC we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur: We will notify you via email within 7 business days.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Taxbot LLC may process your Personal Data IF:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
When you register on our site and set up an account to receive products or services, you are confirming the legal basis for this processing as a performance of a contract between you and Taxbot LLC. This constitutes consent that your Personal Data may be used to show you Taxbot LLC Advertisements and other content. You can withdraw your consent at anytime by contact Taxbot at email@example.com
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the right to be informed of what Personal Data we hold on you and if you want it to be removed from our system by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access – you have the right to request copies of the information we hold about you at any time or to have the information modified, updated, or deleted. There is no charge for this service unless it is “manifestly unfounded or excessive”. If legally obligated, we may deny your request by providing the reason why.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Digital Marketer Labs, LLC relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that for your security, we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
420 West 1500 South, Suite 200
Bountiful, Utah 84010
United States of America
Last Edited on 2018-05-30